Monday, December 20, 2010

Confusion!

On my "dashboard" it says that I have 14 posts, but, on my profile it says that there are only 13! So, I may or may not need another post. But, I don't mind writing another one, so, here it goes.

Our final was today. Looking at all of the shell drawings, it is obvious that we have all learned a lot! After taking a break from looking at my drawing and then looking at it again, I realized that I am really happy with it. I may be getting the hang of this ink thing! (right at the end of course...) But, it is progress! Which is exciting. While doing the ink this time I did some things very differently than in my first ink drawing. First off, I tried not to be afraid of getting dark.  This made that top/back corner look MUCH better! I also left more of the paper as white for the highlights.  I found ways to better control the ink, like, using a smaller brush for the ink and then using a bigger brush with just water on it to smooth it out.  Also, I kept napkins handy to dab off any parts that got darker than I intended or where ink that I didn't want to move started dripping. I admit that I am a bit of a control freak, so, this was really helpful for me! It made me much more confident in putting on the ink because I knew how to change and fix it. During the critique it was noted that the color choices were good ones and I definitely agree. The warmness of the brown and the coolness of the blue give a very "ocean-like", organic feel. They suggested that if I liked that color palette I should see if I can find some blue charcoal. Amy says that there is something called "Russian sauce?" that could work. We all giggled when she said that and she agreed that it is a strange name.  Other random moments from the final today included the constant pounding/ drumming on the ceiling and all of us looking like hell from all of the work that we've had to do in the last few weeks. I think we were all tired and a little out of it, but, that's ok, now we can rest!

This is a doodle from before this was over.  I was tired, and I had had enough, and I also had this Motion City Soundtrack song stuck in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment