Monday, October 4, 2010

Life Drawing Week 3

During the 3rd week of life drawing class I found myself feeling overwhelmed, yet fascinated, by all that I did not know about the human body. At first I was skeptical about how much modeling clay and a plastic skeleton could help me draw, but, as I am progressing through this I realize just how detailed our body structure is.  By building these details, it is easier to see them on the model. I plan on redoing some of these muscles so that they fit together more accurately.

I really struggled through the cross-contour drawings that we did of the model because I wasn't exactly sure how I should be going about it, but, I've learned a lot about looking through the process. It also helped me to see the specific curves of the body and how they interact with each other. In the future I know that when doing a cross-contour drawing, I need to learn to use more variation in my line to create movement and believability.

No comments:

Post a Comment