Monday, October 4, 2010

Life Drawing Week 2

The second week of Life Drawing was very intimidating for me. I had never drawn from a model before. That in itself was a great challenge.  To add to this, I am not very good at drawing quickly as I tend to be more detail-oriented.
At the beginning of doing this I was more focused on getting the outline of the figure, because that is the only way that I knew how to draw. After learning about the long axis and about the spine, I found my drawings and the time it took to do them, improving. I learned a lot about the weigh that a single line can create space through the use of varying weight and thickness. Some of the concepts that we discussed like, varying the point-of-veiw to get a more three-dimensional drawing, are still difficult for me to grasp. I believe that this semester is going to be one with a lot of new challenges and one with many failures, but also one with many improvements. I have already learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment